No project? No problem. Come get inspired at the weekly open house!
Every Tuesday evening, we open our doors so you can visit our hackerspace. There's no schedule, no speakers, and no pressure. Just drop in, say hello, meet people, and see some awesome projects.
If you're interested in the Fab Lab but don't know how you'll use it, this is your event. You'll see what we're building, and maybe even learn how we built it.
If you have a work-in-progress, bring it in! We'll allow you to use some of our tools, and maybe even help squash the bugs that are holding you back.
There's no pressure and no commitment. We won't spam you, read you a sales pitch, talk down to you, or ignore you. This is our way to give back to the community. After all, our most diehard members started somewhere.
Fab Lab members sew clothes, create art, upgrade bikes, and many other things that have nothing to do with programming or electronics. All types of makers use the Fat Cat Fab Lab, and so should you!
• Please do not bring food into the Fab Lab.
• There's no guarantee that someone can or will help you with a project. Post a comment ahead of time and a member may show up to help you.
• Visitors may not use the laser cutter, CNC machine, 3D printers, power tools, or other members-only equipment or materials during this event.
• The event ends at 9 PM. While we might stay later, we'll probably kick you out instead. Show up on time!
• Some tools and projects are dangerous. Participate at your own risk. You are responsible for any projects, tools, facilities, or people you damage.
• Tools, power, and workbench space are first-come first-served.
• You must join our meetup and RSVP to attend. All meetups held at Fat Cat Fab Lab are private events for members of the Fat Cat Fab Lab Meetup group only. All events are for persons 18 years of age and older.
fat cat FAB LAB is a makerspace in the West Village, Manhattan NYC. A place for learning, designing, collaborating and building.
We offer traditional and digital fabrication tools, workshops and events with an emphasis on low cost open source innovation.